The 10th-anniversary event was held for the first time in the brand new Steve Jobs Theatre located inside Apple’s new headquarters in Cupertino, California. As usual, they have released some great products. But, this year was different as they have revealed one new special product. Without further ado, let’s start with Apple’s top releases for 2017…
#4 Apple TV 4K
Apple has introduced the new stunning Apple TV 4K with support for both 4K and High Dynamic Range (HDR). The images are unbelievably sharp, more true-to-life colors, great detail in both dark and light scenes and much more. It will also offer 4K HDR content from popular video services, including Netflix and Amazon Prime Video. The iTunes users will get automatic updates of HD titles for the movies in their existing library. Also, it’s worth mentioning that the TV comes with a much improved Siri service.
- It is built on the A10X Fusion chip (the same chip that powers the iPad Pro).
- Support for both Dolby Vision and HDR10.
- Built-in high-performance 4K video scaler
- It’s outputting to the highest resolution possible, which allows viewers to get the most out of their TV’s.
- Apple TV 4K 32 GB: $179(US)
- Apple TV 4K 64 GB: $199(US)
- Apple TV (4th generation) 32 GB: $149(US)
“Bring the magic of the cinema straight to your living room with the new Apple TV 4K” – Eddy Cue, Apple’s senior vice president of Internet Software and Services.
#3 Apple Watch Series 3
I am not a big fan of smartwatches, but this year’s Apple Watch Series 3 has set a new level in the smartwatch industry. The biggest feature that was introduced is adding a built-in cellular. That means that you can use the watch to stay connected, receive text and make calls from wherever you like, even without your iPhone nearby. You can find 2 models of the watch, (1) GPS and cellular, and (2) GPS only.
The watch is also presented as the perfect health and fitness companion.It is coming together with an intelligent coaching features, water resistance 50 meters, and a new barometric altimeter that measures relative elevation.
Other cool stuff:
- Features a full LTE and UMTS cellular radio.
- Industry-first antenna design that uses the display itself to transmit and receive.
- It can pair with AirPods for a fully wireless experience.
- A 70% faster dual-core processor.
- New wireless chip called W2, making Wi-Fi an amazing 85% faster and 50% more power efficient.
- Comes with a watchOS 4 which comes with an updated Heart Rate app, redesigned Music App, access to any song from Apple Music so you can stream it directly from your wrist, new Radio App, enhanced Workout App and much more.
- Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular): $399 (US)
- Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS): $329 (US)
#2 iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus
Each year, a main focus on the Apple event is the iPhone. The phone is coming with the same design, only with improved materials. According to Apple, they have created the most durable glass ever seen in a smartphone. The design is also made out of aluminum. It features a Retina HD display and a A11 Bionic chip, perfectly designed for the ultimate augmented reality experience. Siri will have female and male voice options.
Recommended for you: Protect Your iPhone Privacy By Following These 5 Simple Steps
Do what you do best
What I absolutely love about Apple is that they stick with the same design and just improve what they count as their weak spots, so we can have a much better experience. They have found the formula, and they just need to improve it.
One more important thing is that Apple listens to feedback and turns the feedback into reality. People complained about the glass, they improved it with the most durable glass ever seen in a smartphone. People complained about the battery, they made it charge to 50% for 30 minutes, longer life and wireless charging.
“iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus are a new generation of iPhone that improve on everything we love about iPhone,” said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing.
The Other Side
The back of the phone is also made out of glass, producing a great look. It is coming in three finishes space gray, silver, and gold. The most important part is that the glass back design is responsible for the wireless charging solution (Qi ecosystem)!👍
On the back, we can also see the camera. The world’s most popular camera is getting even better, by adding a faster and larger sensor, 12 MP camera, new color filter and deeper pixels. The video capture is with highest quality ever seen in a smartphone (4K video up to 60fps and 1080p slo-mo up to 240fps).
As previously known, the Plus version of the iPhone had some bonus features than the normal one. iPhone 8 Plus features dual 12MP cameras and adds a new portrait mode called Portrait Lightning which brings dramatic studio effects. 📷
The camera with the help of iOS 11 brings augmented reality to a whole new level. This is the part I am most excited about as a developer because Apple opens a new platform for developers to build augmented reality apps.
iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus will be available in space gray, silver and an all-new gold finish in increased 64GB and 256GB capacity models starting at $699 (US).
#1 iPhone X
For more than a decade, our intention has been to create an iPhone that is all display. The iPhone X is the realization of that vision,” said Jony Ive, Apple’s chief design officer.
The iPhone X contains all of the above mentioned iPhone 8 features. Here are some other unique features that caught my eye:
- TrueDepth camera
- A11 Bionic chip with neural engine is purpose-built for machine learning, augmented reality apps and immersive 3D games
- The 5.8-inch Super-Retina display is the first OLED panel that rises to the standards of iPhone
- True Tone used for dynamically adjusting the white balance of the screen
- Animoji bringing emoji to live. Basically, it mirrors the facial expression of the user.
iPhone X will be available in silver and space gray in 64GB and 256GB models starting at $999 (US).
In case you have missed: iOS 11–100 NEW Hidden Features & Changes
I hope that this post helped you understand Apple’s new products, and will help you with your decision about which product to buy. I am really excited for this release, and can’t wait to buy the iPhone 8 Plus, which I chose as my ideal phone. I would stay neutral on the iPhone X. Would like to hear which is your favorite product, and which are you going to buy. Just leave me a comment below, and also 👏 if you liked my story.